Monday, November 23, 2009

Now the hard part

I have been in the hospital for a week. I feel much better. My body is responding to the medication. I have not had a fever in several days. I am not struggling to breathe anymore. I have more energy. I am on the road to wellness.

Now the hard part begins. Waiting....

I want to be home. I want a normal life. This year has been especially hard. It seems I am getting sicker, the disease continues to stomp through my life like an enemy army on the attack. In the previous eleven months I have had five hospital stays, weeks of home IV's, and a month living away from my family going through pulmonary rehab. All this accompanied by the continual thought of "when will it be time for a lung transplant?"

I am so tired of sickness overshadowing my life. I have lost perspective and it seems like there is no end in sight.

I wait to hear from the doctor about when I can be discharged from the hospital. An insurance company will dictate whether or not I will be home for Thanksgiving.

I feel so helpless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God isn't done with you yet! Don't ask why, ask Him, what do you want me to see in all this? Spend this time in His word and seeking Him. He is the answer to everything you could think to ask. God is awesome and He has a plan that only you can do. Hang in there mighty woman of God! You can do this! Phil. 4:13 Love and prayers, Virginia (friend of Amanda & Tiffany)