Sunday, November 29, 2009

Life happens......

Thanksgiving was wonderfully relaxing. Just being out of the hospital was a reason to celebrate. My family went to Jacoba's house. She had a delicious dinner prepared for us, all we had to do was show up. What an incredible gift of hospitality! We ate, napped, played games then ate some more.

Since the previous Tuesday was Tom's birthday he decided he wanted to "get away from it all". Friday morning we traveled to Pigeon Forge, a touristy town about an hour and a half from our house. Our family needed to regroup and going away together helps us to do that.

That evening we were on our way to dinner when...... life happened.

It's amazing how quickly our agenda can change. One moment you feel happy, carefree anticipating a fun evening, the next moment you are jolted to a new reality. Crash - Everything transforms- your plans, your priorities, your pain.

Later in the evening as I lay in bed I was overwhelmed with gratefulness. My family was still intact. No one was seriously hurt.

I could lament the loss of our van, it will be costly, inconvenient, another struggle in life to contend with but in the scheme of things it's going to be alright.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am praying for your family and so are my coworkers at Choice Books....I think of you guys a lot! Linda Stoltzfus