Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Walking again.

After 17 days in the hospital I am getting stronger. I took a walk this afternoon. I pulled my IV pole with me down to the gift shop to get some much needed chocolate. As I plowed through the crowd wearing my mask on my face I felt like a leper of ancient days. I wondered if I ought to be calling out "clear the way, unclean, unclean."

I have been infected by the swine flu. This pandemic has hit our part of the country with a mighty punch. Attempts at not spreading the virus has shut down whole school systems for days at a time. The hospital has been overflowing, an auxillary wing was opened in the emergency room to accomadate the sick coming in with flu symptoms. There have been several "healthy" people that have died from acute respiratory distress caused by the deadly H1N1 virus.

"But by the grace of God there go I" is an incredibly true statement for me. I am blessed

1 comment:

Kat said...

Glad you are doing ok. Elizbeth's school shut down Tuesday through Friday of this week due to so many with flu symptoms.

She was diagnosed with H1N1 a couple of weeks ago, but seems to have beat it, thank the Lord. We feel blessed to.

Take care.