Thursday, March 5, 2009

TGIF

The end of the week is better for me then the beginning of the week. Thank God It's Friday means I get to take a break from exercising and my family comes to visit. My dear husband has been driving seven hours (one way) across the mountains to come every weekend, sometimes he brings the kids. This weekend the whole family is going to the beach. Fortunately it is suppose to be sunny and in the mid 70's. We are celebrating Austin's birthday. My youngest is turning nine, last of the single digits. I cherish these moments together, they seem so fleeting.
I am not feeling at the top of my game. I am fighting a lung infection. I went to the doctor today and have begun a round of oral antibiotics. I will try them out over the weekend; Time will tell if the bug I carry will respond. Cultures take a few days to grow out so we begin treatment by guessing what germ I have based on previous experience. I have taken so many antibiotics over the years that the germs I carry have adapted and grown resistant to many common drugs. If the oral medications do not clear up the infection then I will go in the hospital to start IV treatment.
The doctors here know me and recognize that spending time this weekend with my family is important. I appreciate that they treat the whole patient and not just the disease.

No comments: