Friday, March 27, 2009

Stability feels good

"Clinically Stable". That's what the doctor's report said about me. It's been a while since anyone has described me as stable, for that matter, it's been a while since I've felt stable. Usually, when the lungs deteriorate to the point when spontaneous pneumothoraxes (holes in the lungs that cause the lungs to collapse) occur there is a downward spiral.

I've been home a week. I do not have to return to the transplant clinic until May. I only have five more days of IV antibiotics. I feel like I have turned a corner. For the past nine months my life has centered around the possibility of transplant. The fundraising, pulmonary rehab, doctor appointments, four hospital stays since last July...my life was consumed. It's time to focus on other things, time to broaden my view, search the horizon for other possibilities for my immediate future, time to move on...to what? I don't know but I'm going to have a good time figuring it out.

2 comments:

Joyce Moyer Hostetter said...

I hope you had a good ride home. And that adjustments are going well! I know it must feel terrific to be back in your nest with your family. Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, send me your email address so we can email if you want.

I am glad you are home!!

Cindy Smith