Thursday, July 3, 2008

The pain of truth

It's nightfall, the end of another long day. I'm waiting for the nurse to bring me a shot of morphine. Today they took out the chest tube only to insert a bigger one. They hope this new and improved, super size straw will adequately suck the air out of my chest cavity so my lung can expand again.

The nurse is exiting my room now. I feel the bliss of relief as the drug blocks my pain telling my brain all is well in my body. I will rest in this falsehood and slumber until the lie wears off and the truth prevails once again.

3 comments:

Tom said...

Love you babe. You are so poetic.I am sitting here in the hospital watching you breath and thanking God for all you are.I enjoy serving you.As far as checkers, no more mercy.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Tina! Unfortunately it has to be spent in the hospital but it is a milestone. :)

Praying for you,
Lara

Cheryl said...

Happy Birthday! So sorry to hear that you are "stuck". If it helps to know--we didn't have any fun at all yesterday...tee hee.
We hope that you are getting well quickly! We are praying for you...and we hope you whip Tom bad in your next checkers game...lol
(sorry Tom!)