Thursday, July 10, 2008

Coming home

I watched the sunset tonight. I was outside, breathing wonderful, humid, air. I drove in a car today. The world seems so busy, everyone with an agenda, rushing by, busy to go somewhere. Most unaware of the moment because it melts into all the other moments in the chorus of a day.

After nearly two weeks in the hospital the sunset was gloriously beautiful, not to be taken for granted but to be savored. I am free of the tube in my side, free of my IV line dripping relief for my pain, free of the confines of four walls, free of watching the world go by from the view of my ninth story window. I am free to live in the moment, knowing that I am safe, I am healthy (relatively speaking), I am at peace.

2 comments:

TinaJewel said...

Rejoicing with you that you get to come home!
Take care! Love ya all!
Tina Miller

Elena's Blog said...

Hi Tina,

I have been praying for your safe return to your family and comforts of home. I bet you are looking forward to your trip next week! I will be with you in spirit! Happy Be-lated birthday! 40! My goodness. Love, Ellen