Tuesday, January 22, 2013

CF Poem


Cystic Fibrosis Poem


This is my life, Every morning to every night, Everyday there is a constant fight.
But not everyone can see, this fight is between my body and me.
I hurt, I cough, I cry, I breathe, I just want a break is it hard to see?
They say I'm a hero, they say I'm strong, but sometimes I think they are all wrong,
I smile, I laugh and pretend I'm okay, Truthfully, that’s how I make it, day by day.
I constantly hear healthy people complain. Seriously? How many times have you had a needle shoved in your veins?
I sit, I cough, I gasp for air, and at the same time, it feels my lungs are starting to tear.
Doctors, treatments, needles and pills, Just the sound of them, gives people the chills.
Im fighting, I'm breathing, but at times I'm simply deceiving.
It might seem simple, maybe easily done, but I've been fighting my whole life. And this battle I still haven’t won.
You know I'm greatly jealous of you, because you have lungs that for me, would be considered brand new.
But really what else should I say? I shouldn’t just sit here and complain.
I have my friends, my family, and I have myself. That’s really all I need, even if I'm not in great health.
I'm going to fight and im going to win, I'm going to use all the strength I have within.
I've came this far along, and I promise you, im going to stay strong.
Thousands of people, fighting to breath every day, Thousands of people, just waiting to be okay.
This isn’t something you can just simply ignore. I think it’s time for a cure Need I say more?
-Unknown writer.

1 comment:

JoyceHostetter said...

A reality check for the rest of us.

Thanks for sharing, dear Tina.