Thursday, October 1, 2009

Back To Normal

Tomorrow I will have been home from the hospital for one week. The world seems like such a big, beautiful place after being cooped up in a tiny room for 19 days. After 3 weeks our whole family is together again. The kids have been staying at our friend's house because Tom was sick at home while I was in the hospital. He is still in recovery mode and will hopefully return to work next week.

This experience has hit us much harder then the "normal" hospital time. Perhaps because both Tom and I were out of commission at the same time. Perhaps because it was the swine flu causing more uncertainty then usual. Perhaps because this is the fourth hospital stay this year and we have had less time in between stays to recover. I'm not sure of all the factors but I'm ready to get back to "normal".

Over the weekend I told my daughter it is going to take us a little while to get back in our groove. With the raw honesty of a teenager she said, "Mom, we don't' have a groove." Hmmmm...


Hmmmm....here's a thought - what is the difference between being in a groove verses being stuck in a rut.

No comments: