Friday, June 12, 2009

Acceptance

When it comes to hospital stays, I am a frequent flier with lots of mileage points. This is my third stay this year, my 6th stay in the last 12 months. I used to go crazy when I had to go in the hospital. I hated it, I felt like life was passing me by and I was stuck within the confines of four sterile walls.

As the years have gone by I have learned to accept, relax and even enjoy aspects of my hospital stays. By the time I usually land here I am sick enough that I am grateful for the reprieve. Where else can you spend time just sleeping, reading, writing, watching TV and playing video games while others bring you your food and clean your room. I am grateful to have a soft place to lay my tired head. I am able to rest without the burden of daily life chores (cooking, cleaning, taking care of others.) I've come to embrace the fact that life is not passing me by, this is my life.

No comments: