Monday, October 6, 2008

Ya'll Come

Have I mentioned how beautiful Tennessee is in the fall? The leaves are starting to change colors. The night air is cool but not cold and the days are sunny and warm but not hot. This is one of my favorite times of the year.

Have I mentioned that we have a big house? We have two guest bedrooms down stairs plus a pull out couch, lots of floor space and some great blow up mattresses. We have housed as many as twenty- two people here. The house was designed and built by James Stutzman, the local Mennonite pastor. He is a fine craftsman and the house reflects his work ethic and attention to detail. I think it is an ideal place for a retreat setting, close to the the Smoky Mountains, less then and hour and a half away, close to the interstate, less then ten miles t0 I-75.

I mention all of this for a couple of reasons. The first being that our house is for sale. We need the money for my lung transplant and recognize now would be a good time to downsize. Anyone interested in relocating or a great vacation home or perhaps setting up a retreat center can contact me for the details. The second reason is to invite our circle of friends (those of you reading this blog) to come for a visit. I noticed this past weekend how much easier it is to get projects done when there is extra support. We are trying to get the house in optimal showing condition given that we are fighting against a declining economy and a slow buyers market. And to be honest, Tom and I are worn out right now. Life has had many challenges over the last couple of years and there is not much left in our reserve tanks. We are trying to figure out how to refuel and recognize that we both get energy from visiting with people. So if you have some time off and want to get away, we promise we won't work you too hard and we'll have a good time. So.....Ya'll come.

No comments: