Saturday, July 19, 2014

Good days and challenges

Lately I have been having a hard time feeling settled......at peace......content with my world.

I am well relatively speaking.  I have not been in the hospital since the end of March.  I have traveled on vacation.  I have planted flowers.  I have watched my daughter graduate from high school.  I have watched my Mother have surgery.  I have gone through the normal ups and downs of every day life.

When I am stuck in the hospital there is a rhythm that I long for, I have referred to as the minutia of the mundane and it goes like this:   We are hungry, we prepare food, eat, do the dishes and the cycle starts all over again within hours. The house is clean, we live, the house is dirty, we clean, we live, the house is dirty, we clean.....on and on, ad nauseam.  Laundry....don't get me started.

I'm thankful for the steadiness of life, thankful that I'm not actively sick right now but feel....bored?....discontent?  I want more.  Boredom from being stable is a luxury I have not been afforded very often, it feels strange like after being out at sea for years I am not sure how to walk straight on my land legs.  It's a wonderful problem to have.


1 comment:

Amy Lizzy said...

This challenge I can relate to.