Monday, July 9, 2012

Summer is the Time to Celebrate.

July is the month I was born. July is the month I celebrate my life. Each birthday reminds me of how blessed I am to be alive, to be able to breathe without oxygen (most of the time), to be able to raise my children, love my husband and live my life.

I walked up a hill the other day. When I reached the top I stopped and cried. My tears were for the struggle I felt in my chest, air does not come easy these days. I cried for my friends, many were much younger then I, who can not walk up hills anymore, I cried with gratefulness for I had done something I couldn't have done a few months earlier.

I am stable. Again. I celebrate because I can.

1 comment:

Amy Lizzy said...

A little restaurant downtown Hickory has a sign that says, "Until further notice, celebrate everything." I love this post because you are indeed celebrating. Cheers!

Thanks for inspiring me to be more thankful for the things I take for granted.